Taking part in your child’s development using water games is an excellent way to help them. Playing in the water is one of my favorite activities as a mom. And this is what I mean, in the case of adults visiting the beach, the river or enjoying a pool. If we adults enjoy water, children love it too. Playing in the water and with the water has multiple benefits. Here I share with you how water games can help your child’s development.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please check out our disclosure policy for more details.
How water games will help your child’s development:
- Water games will help them foster creativity. On multiple occasions I have put my toddler to play with water and a couple of plastic cups. It is incredible what he does with it. He starts pouring the water, transfer the water from one place to another, try to fill the plastic cups with the same amount of water. His creativity begins to flow. And that is what we want!
- Water games helps them in physical development: Do you want your children to do physical exercise? Take them to the river, to the beach or to a pool and let them start exercising while having fun. Coordination and balance play an important role here. They will try to walk, jump, float in the water and this helps them to strengthen their muscles in a great way.
What regular household activities can you use to help foster development?
- Let them wash the dishes.
- Let them fill the glasses with water at dinner.
- At bath time add several floating toys to play with.
- Let them water the plants in the garden.
- Let them fill the dog’s container with water.
Every water game or activity that involves water will help also with gross and fine motor skills as well!
There really are countless water games and activities that we can do at home to help them promote their development in different areas using water. Don’t forget to join too and enjoy the process with them! – Water games are great for summer also!
Other water activities recommended for toddlers:
What activities have you done with your kids that have help them to develop different skills? Comment below!
Loving and Learning, Always – Tayrina