Spending time together as a family is necessary and important. Finding ways to communicate and share together should be our priority in these times. Here I share 10 activities to do with your family at home.
Disclaimer: some of the links within this post are affiliate links, meaning we will earn a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase something through these links.
5 activities to do with your family at home:
- Read a book together: The family can get together and read a story. You can ask questions and answers or take a character from each member and read it together.
- A morning of painting: as a family you can take advantage of creative mornings and make a work of art together.
- Make a cake together: cooking together in the kitchen must be an adventure. So, make a cake together. Each member can add the ingredients and provide ideas.
- Pool Party: Having a pool party with household members can be fun. Plan the meals for the day, add water games and spend a day to beat the heat.
- Playing board games day: plan a day for board games only! – Take those famous games like checkers, UNO cards, candy land, trouble and more out the closet. Make a program and set a time for each game. Unless you play Monopoly, for sure you will be playing all with this one, LOL.
Be careful with inviting other people who are not family members, remember to keep your social distancing. It’s hard, because we may want to spend the time with other family members or friends. But, we must be wise and keep the activities for ONLY the member of family that live in the same house.
If you like planning like me, you will sit down and do your own thing for each day. But, you can also be spontaneous and take your members by surprise.
In these times, what we need the most are good and positive activities to promote communication and family unity. What activities have you done with your family?
Loving and Learning – Tayrina